Moving may not be the best decision for you or your older family member right now — due to personal choice, financial considerations, etc. But you still desire or need a change in the home. Our homes often become cluttered with our “stuff.” Our homes don’t work as well for us as they did a few years ago, or maybe decades ago. Most of us are overwhelmed by the daunting prospect of downsizing, de-cluttering, organising, and discarding. We may need a lot of help, or just a little encouragement and assistance. Either way, Senior Moves can help with SeniorMoves@HOME services.
We can assist you and your family with numerous downsizing and simplifying tasks in a current home! Senior Moves apply the same coordinated, compassionate organising techniques to help you STAY in your home as we do to help you move.
Senior Moves provide guidance, encouragement, and hands-on help. We understand the physical and emotional stresses associated with later lifestyle changes, as well as the ethical, safety and communication issues that accompany working with older adults. Our focused services accomplish a great deal in very little time, so you save both time and money. The end result: You are happier with how your existing home looks and feels!
Through SeniorMoves@HOME, Senior Moves can help you with some or all of these tasks:
- Defining your vision: “Where do we begin?” We can help you prioritise what areas need work.
- Creating a floor plan and repurposing your existing space so it works better for you NOW.
- Evaluating what you want in your home.
- Deciding what will be donated, sold or discarded and executing your wishes.
- Determining your future needs and simplifying your lifestyle ~ gaining the freedom to live the life you want. (For example, the things you use daily must be in easy-to-access places.)
- Exploring home care maintenance concerns.
- Reducing home safety concerns and eliminating common in-home hazards.
SeniorMoves@HOME can help you adapt your home for who you are now. Downsize. Simplify. Stay at Home.